Basis Set Ventures is a Venture Capital firm that invests in enterprise artificial intelligence companies. We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals who are excited about artificial intelligence, working with some of the world’s best entrepreneurs, operators and VCs to build a new enterprise. We want energetic and motivated people who thrive in an unstructured, diverse and welcoming environment.
We are seeking data scientists and engineers including those who are interested in transitioning into an investor role in the future, you will work with the partners to
- Explore creative ways to source and evaluate deals
- Build tools that source and evaluate deals at scale
- Conduct technical due diligence
- Help advise and support portfolio companies on engineering and data science projects
- Graduate of a top tier university; PhDs in EE, CS, Machine Learning, Physics, or a quantitative discipline preferred
- Experience with technology, including but not limited to tech startups
- Passion for technology and startups is a must
- Excellent academic record, creativity, analytical abilities, and ethics
- Entrepreneurial experience and professional network in the Bay Area, East Coast (e.g. Boston) or an area in the United States with a strong tech ecosystem preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues and entrepreneurs
Clara Labs is establishing a new class of virtual assistant that understands you like a person, but operates at the scale, speed, and persistence of a machine. To do this, we mix intelligent automation software with remote human contractors to form an efficient, distributed remote-knowledge-work service.
You will work on soup-to-nuts development of novel algorithms informed by our unique applications and constraints. Individuals in this role design data collection strategies, frame the right problems to solve, develop models, measure and compare model performance, and integrate these models into production features.
ML team members embed with a product-focused engineering team to ensure that:
- ML predictions are relevant and usable within the primary platform;
- confidence metrics can be integrated into automation systems; and
- data/annotation collection facilities for each problem are baked into our platform.
You have experience in one of the following and familiarity with several others:
- LP / computational linguistics: techniques (e.g., pos tagging, dependency parsing, chunking, classification, …) and tools (e.g., Stanford NLP, nltk, …).
- Bayesian inference: e.g., topic modeling, graphical generative models.
- ML methods: e.g., svms, random forests, convex optimization, transfer learning.
- Deep learning: rnn / cnn architectures, algorithms (e.g., rmsprop, adadelta, adam, …), and tools (e.g., theano, torch, tensorflow, …).
- ML in practice: e.g., selection bias mitigation, ROC analysis, field performance analysis, data mining.
- ML systems: event-driven real-time ML systems, pipelining and processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Lucene, EMR).
Nice to have(s):
- M.S. or Ph.D. in CS, EE, or equivalent.
- Industry experience with ML systems is strongly preferred.
Communicating machine learning results and capabilities are important on this team. Please include a cover letter explaining why you think you are a great match for Clara.
Sourceress is an AI sourcer who scales your recruiting team. We make it dramatically faster and easier for great companies to hire great people. Our mission is not just to fix hiring, but to fundamentally change the way that human mental effort is allocated.
We’re looking for ML engineers who are passionate about making a positive impact. We have a long list of interesting machine learning problems that are core to our product—for example, building models to predict personality attributes and professional skills from a resume so that we can understand someone well enough to automatically decide (with very high precision and recall) if they are a good fit for a particular role.
- Love programming
- Ship tons of code quickly
- Want to build ML models that drive the business
- Are empathetic, highly systematic, intensely driven, and intellectually curious
- Care about improvement at both the individual and global scale
Then we should have a conversation, because we’d enjoy working together. Help us create a world where all 7 billion people work at jobs that they loved, do things that they’re great at, and work for companies that are solving meaningful problems.
- Represent CloudWalk and the needs of marketers in the strategic decisions connected to CloudWalk products.
- Partner with product management, product design and product marketing teams to develop and release new products developed specifically for banking and security industry.
- Help lead, develop and deliver the most important stories about product that CloudWalk needs the world to know.
- Run point in deploying alpha/beta opportunities to create / co-create on the next set of CloudWalk products
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop product hypotheses and co-develop work that tests these ideas.
- Work hand-in-hand with key cross-functional partners to create scalable best practices, playbooks, programs focused on product adoption and growth.
- Build empathy within our product teams for the needs of CloudWalk customers.
- Bring curiosity, grit, creativity, empathy and passion every day to the team and this role.
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of experience of product management in AI or cloud computing
- Experience for product development, and understanding of product life cycles
- Experience working with product teams including product managers, engineers and product designers.
- Experience with engineering teams, and ability to prioritize
- Experience with AxureRP、Visio tools
- Able to work through ambiguity and anticipate change
- Analytical approach to decision making. Ability to understand and use data to inform your work.
- Storytelling and communications skills. Being able to bring an idea to life on a white board or presentation
- Strategic. Understanding of digital marketing and product roadmaps and how to build strategies across multiple verticals.
- Proficient in English
- Architect Cloud infrastructure for development, test, and production products including data management, publishing web services, and application development
- Build high performance high efficiency cloud services to host AI face recognition applications
- Design and implement Backup, Security and Disaster Recovery strategies
- Administer servers by installing security patches, scripting database backup processes, and monitoring performance
- Work closely with IT to support best practices related to security, application optimization, business processes and issue resolutions
- Evaluate current cloud infrastructure and recommend improvements to security, scalability, and cost
- Identify and develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Apply software development lifecycle methodology to ensure quality applications are designed, developed and delivered
- Demonstrated experience deploying and administering solutions in AWS or equivalent industry cloud platforms
- Familiar with Paas, Caas. Ability to lead a team to build such services.
- Experience administering Linux servers and Apache
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as python or ruby
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on time
- Works well with geographically dispersed teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in science, engineering or related field
- Proficient in English
- AI knowledge and experience is a plus
- Passion in engineering and technology
- Develop novel, accurate computer vision algorithms and advanced systems with a focus on real-time object detection (face, vehicle, OCR), classification and tracking.
- Research, develop and prototype advanced hardware and software technologies related to tracking, object detection and image processing.
- Apply machine learning to computer vision problems. Develop algorithms and systems to process image and video.
- Conceive proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various deployed systems
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production to advance the entire project
- Contribute research that can be applied to CloudWalk product development
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- 3+ years’ experience developing real-time computer vision software, including algorithm design and systems software development
- Experience with machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, CNN, boost and/or SVM
- Understanding of applied mathematics and numerical optimization
- Prototyping skills
- Experience training deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks
- Experience with CPU/GPU optimization
- Responsible for the optimization and maintenance of computer vision algorithm SDK;
- Responsible for testing, performance optimization, code encapsulation and productization of CV algorithms.
- Conduct study about customer’s need and use cases, develop customized CV solutions for CloudWalk customers.
- BS degree or above, computer science, engineering or related
- Proficient in C/C++. Rich experiences in algorithms, data structures. Capable of design and develop high quality softwares.
- Familiar with Linux development environment
- Basic understanding to image and video processing
- Good communication skills and responsible team player
- Preferred to have experiences in computer vision, deep learning and image processing
- Preferred to have experiences in GPU computing, CUDA or OpenCL